Although I had decided to do a VR experience for my double project I felt I could add to this and also experiment with augmented reality. After some research found I had to use trackers to see the models in the environment I wanted. These had to be quite detailed for the phone or ipad to scan and register. I decided to use the locations as backgrounds and these worked quite well. The viewer could easily visualise the destinations once the model attached itself in augmented reality.
I uploaded my models using the Augment app and website. I opted for this one over others for example ‘ARmedia,’ because ‘Augment’ allowed me to use my own trackers and another advantage was I could upload my own logo and really make it my own.
I was really pleased with the end result and it was not as complicated a process as I initially thought when I decided to include this in my double project.