- There are different ways of saving your images in photoshop. For example:
- Gif (graphics interchange format)-compressed files with a small colour range so not good to save high quality photos using this.
- JPEG (joint photographic experts group)-can be compressed and retains all colour information though image can be of high or low quality depending on compression.
- PSD (photoshop)-to save edited files and data on single page files.
- PSE (photo creations format)-to save edited files and data on multiple page files.
- Photoshop PDF (portable document format)-accurately displays images after saving.
- PNG (portable network graphics)-files can be compressed more than GIF and do not lose any quality.
- TIFF (tagged image file format)-can store large high quality images.
I use JPEG the most because I feel it saves and preserves my files to the best quality.